Founded within weeks of the Dalai Lama reaching India in 1959, Tibet Society was the world's first Tibet support group. We are a membership organisation, entirely funded by our members and supporters. By joining Tibet Society you will be part of a vibrant and committed voice that speaks out for Tibet through campaigning and lobbying... read more
CLICK HERE TO JOIN ONLINE NOW (via enlightenedgifts.org)
Membership Rates (for one year):
Individual £24 | Family £36 | Concession (UK only) £12 | Overseas £36 | Life £500
New members receive a welcome pack containing background information, current campaign actions plus a smart Tibet Society lapel badge. All members receive Tibet Society briefings (updating you on news and campaigns), urgent action emails, campaign materials and event details. Life members receive regular updates for life, new materials as produced plus early-bird invitations to special Tibet Society events.
HOW TO JOIN
Online: simply click here to join Tibet Society now!
NB. You will be taken to "Enlightened Gifts" website, where you can also purchase other Tibet Society goods or support the UK charity, Tibet Relief Fund through goodwill gifts and merchandise.
By cheque: Tibet Society, Unit 9, 139 Fonthill Road, London N4 3HF
Send a cheque, UK postal order or international money order, made payable to 'Tibet Society', along with your name and address.
By phone: 020 7272 1414
We accept Visa & Mastercard. Our office is open Monday to Friday, 10am-6pm.
By Standing Order (UK account holders only)
To avoid the inconvenience of annual reminders, you can set up a standing order to pay your membership on a monthly, quarterly or annually basis. Contact us to be sent a standing order form. Email
or call 020 7272 1414.
Tibet Society works for the freedom of the Tibetan people and their right to self determination.
Your membership will enable the Tibet Society to:
Join us now and be a voice for change!
- continue our crucial work of campaigning for a fair and just solution for Tibet
- promote the cause of the Tibetan people's right to self determination; informing the world of the resistance shown by the Tibetan people in the face of ongoing brutal suppression
- lobby the UK government and other bodies on the issue of Tibet
- raise parliamentary support to hold the UK government to account on its stated policy and actions in seeking a solution for Tibet
- keep the issue of Tibet alive in parliament through working with the All-Party Parliamentary Group for Tibet and MPs
- foster greater understanding between parliamentarians from the UK and the Tibetan Parliament in Exile
- support TIbetans in the UK to make their voice heard and advocate their cause
- seek change and negotiation through dialogue
- help the Tibetan Government in Exile build their democratic processes
- publish up-to-date information on the situation in Tibet
- be part of and help implement worldwide campaigns for the Tibetan people's right to self determination.
"If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito." Tenzin Gyatso, 14th Dalai Lama